If you're a user of any type of modern cell phone, then you must have heard of WhatsApp 2.2037.6 -- an excellent way to send text messages, videos and photos along with group chats. The official WhatsApp Desktop application is here and it allows you to access all of your chats the same way you would from your cell phone device. In order to use WhatsApp for PC, you're going to have to have an account and both your PC and cell phone should have a connection to the Internet. This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system/platform without restrictions. WhatsApp is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Is WhatsApp safe to download?
We tested the file WhatsAppSetup.exe with 24 antivirus programs and it turned out 100% clean. It's good practice to test any downloads from the Internet with trustworthy antivirus software.Does WhatsApp work on my version of Windows?
Older versions of Windows often have trouble running modern software and thus WhatsApp may run into errors if you're running something like Windows XP. Conversely, much older software that hasn't been updated in years may run into errors while running on newer operating systems like Windows 10. You can always try running older programs in compatibility mode.
Officially supported operating systems include Windows 10 (64-bit) and Windows 8 (64-bit).What versions of WhatsApp are available?
The current version of WhatsApp is 2.2037.6 and is the latest version since we last checked. This is the full offline installer setup file for PC. This site has hosted other versions of it in the past such as 2.2025.7, 0.4.2088, 0.3.3793, 0.3.2848 and 0.3.557. At the moment, only the latest version is available.What type of graphical file formats are supported?
WhatsApp supports over 3 common image formats including EPS, NEF and PLY.
Alternatives to WhatsApp available for download
- Telegram DesktopCell phone and desktop messenger with strong encryption, file share, video and photo support and synchronization with cell phones.
- Signal DesktopEncrypted user-to-user messenger service with video, notes and images.
- WhatsApp for PCA popular messaging app used as a free alternative to SMS messages.
- Skype PortableA portable, no-install version of the popular VoIP and IM program.
- Telegram PortableFast and secure desktop app, synced with your mobile phone.
- LINEA free alternative voice-over-IP application with timeline feature.
- PaltalkChat application and messenger which can voice chat, video chat and share files online with support for YIM, AOL and MSN.
- Viber for WindowsMake video and voice calls between a PC and mobile phone.
- KakaoTalkAn asian-based instant messaging program with lots of features.
- IP MessengerA simple LAN messaging client based on TCP and UDP over IP supporting AES and RSA encryption.